11 Feb 2012

Brands: Ben Sherman S/S'12




I have been fond of Ben Sherman for as long as I've been into clothing. I remember purchasing a bomber jacket from their store on my first visit to the Trafford Centre in Manchester when I was about 15. I went on to wear that jacket everyday for a very long time. Looking back now, it was too big for me and wasn't very flattering, but I loved it because it was Ben Sherman. This brand was the first one I fell in love with.

I'd say the main reason for this, and still applies to this very day, is that they do things simply and don't stray towards trends.

I am a big pusher of classic style, it just makes far more sense to me; and Ben Sherman continually hit the nail on the head with this aesthetic. A structured tailoring silhouette, classic shirting and obvious 1960s inspiration.

Let's take a look at some of the latest collection, where an edge is provided with the "Brighton To Tokyo" theme, British design with Japanese sensibility:







Check out the full lookbook as well as browse the collection at bensherman.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment