9 Feb 2012

Ralph Lauren F/W '12



We're currently knee-deep in another New York Fashion Week. I've admired numerous fashion weeks from afar (the internet) and I would love to sample the atmosphere of one in the future. I'd love to get myself in a position that would mean I could go to one of these week-long events, and be among the thousands of other stylish individuals who they attract. New York fashion week has always been the one I look forward to the most, and would be the first one I'd choose to go to, had I the funds...



However, my favourite brand will likely not receive the attention it deserves this week. You see, Ralph Lauren rarely shows it’s menswear collection, save their wonderful F/W ’06 collection that Ralph demanded get the runway treatment. It's all too easy to dismiss Ralph Lauren as the mega-brand that sticks to it’s formula and recycles their looks, but in reality their collections are just as intricate as any of those on show. I've always preferred a simple look that doesn't buckle at the knees under trends, a look that RL have perfected, so why change a winning formula? The fact that the latest collection will not be put in the spotlight this week should not allow you to distract from this.

Below is the collection.


I love the monochromatic layering of this outfit. Can't see myself in those boots though...



Classic pea coat...

Suiting...



Plaid trousers...






My favourite...










No comments:

Post a Comment