11 Mar 2012

Inspiration on TV: Entourage

Now I don't watch a lot of television shows. I prefer to listen to music or stick a film on. However, when I do get in to a TV series, I can get pretty obsessed. The latest case of this has been HBO's Entourage.




Created, and largely written by Doug Ellin, this drama/comedy (dramedy?), began airing in 2004, and follows the rise of young A-List actor, Vincent Chase and his childhood friends from Queens, NY, Eric 'E' Murphy, Johnny 'Drama' Chase (Vince's brother) and Salvatore 'Turtle' Assante, and their escapades into the unknown territory of Hollywood.

My favourite character isn't one of these, however, but Vince's agent, Ari Gold, played by Jeremy Piven. Not only because of his tremendously quick wit, arrogance and ambition, but also that he is probably the best dressed character I've ever seen on a TV show.

Ari is nailed on proof that with good tailoring, those of us, like myself, who are on the short side, can look pretty damn good in a suit. It's all about proportions. He is a very muscular guy, who could so easily come across as looking stocky in the wrong clothes. He keeps things on the slim side and can always be seen wearing a spread/cutaway collar, because his neck is on the thick side, with a Windsor knotted tie (yes I know I said I don't like anything other than a Four-In-Hand, but a Windsor can work in some cases...), giving him a well-balanced look.

Check out his style...






Here you can see, even his more casual outfits are brilliantly put together...



BONUS:

Here's some clips showing why I love this character so much...





No comments:

Post a Comment