14 Mar 2012

About The Brand: Loake Shoemakers

Anyone who spends any decent amount of time with me could tell you that I'm a big fan of shoes. A great pair of shoes is something that far too many men disregard far too often. Don't you realise that it's one of the first things women look at?! Coincidentally, it's actually one of the first things I look at on a woman... Shoes can make or break an outfit, for me.


English shoemakers, Loake of Northamptonshire is a five-generation company, making some of the finest handmade shoes this country has to offer. They have recently released the film below, documenting some of the many processes involved in putting together their beautiful shoes, and the accuracy and precision needed to do so.

The film is extremely well shot and highlights the talents of numerous highly skilled craftsmen, relying on their hands and eyes to put together an exceptional product.



As yet, I don't own a pair of their shoes, but I can't wait to try them out, and if the video is anything to go by, I doubt I'll be anything less than joyous once I do. I've got my eye on the 'Lincoln' loafers or the 'Newbury' cap-toed Chelsea boots.


1 comment:

  1. Loakes do, without a doubt make some pretty damn good shoes, I've owned many a pair in my time. Sadly I live in a country where a designer label with a name most people can't even pronounce properly is deemed more "in" than a pair of real shoes - having spent most of my formative years living in and around Kettering, I would beg to differ.

    Much of the shoe industry in Northampton was put out of business by cheap imports, yet Loakes stood the test of time, that has to say something about the quality of their products.

    You're right though, a lady can tell a lot about a guy by his shoes.

    ReplyDelete