29 Mar 2012

Shoes You Need This Spring: Boat Shoes


Once the warmer climes usher their way in, the role of my go-to shoe floats away from my Desert boots, and lands on these. Boat shoes are the perfect summer shoes, in my opinion. Jeans, chinos, shorts, all look great with a pair of neutral coloured (I went for brown) boat shoes; just roll them up and lose the socks and you're good to go.  This will be this pair's fourth summer on my feet and they're still going strong and look every bit as good.




A word of advice for if/when you buy yourself some new leather boat shoes, have a shower in them. Yes that's right, wear them in the shower. Don't worry, they're made to be around water, it's in their name. You may feel a bit weird doing this, (I got a very strange look from my mum when I came out of the bathroom in just a towel and wet boat shoes but wearing your new leather boat shoes in the shower will help them mould to the shape of your foot quicker, helping prevent any blisters on the first few wears. Just don't do this with your dress shoes!




This is my favourite shirt. The Popover is a slightly more formal take on the polo shirt, and is perfect warm weather-wear. The oxford cloth is lightweight and it's fit is loose enough to keep you cool but not so loose that it looks sloppy. It's also one of the only shirts that looks great untucked. 




Details:

Shirt:  The Popover by Gant

Trousers:  Topman Chinos

Shoes:  Boat Shoes by Topman




No comments:

Post a Comment